CALL OUT Old
OPEN CALL FOR PERFORMANCE MAKERSDEADLINE TO APPLY :: Friday, August 23rd, 2019 11:59 MST
to the AWE is a series of rough and ready performance, dedicated to the live and contemporary. It is about discovering new forms and supporting artists who are seeking a platform to take risks and break their own barriers. What a performance looks like is entirely up to what the word performance means to you.
We are calling artists from all disciplines, genres and identities; that are actively seeking opportunities to create and experiment unabashedly as researchers, voyeurs, or rebels. For makers whose practice span the realms of Dance, Theatre, New Media, Sound and Music Projects, Clown/Bouffon, Puppetry, Spoken Word, Activism and/or any combinations of multi-disciplinary approaches.
Season #3 will feature 4 single evening events, each hosted in a different Artist-Run Centre in Mohkinstsis/Calgary during the 2019/2020 season. Each AWE will showcase 4 to 6 artists in a raw and intimate setting for a curious and engaged audience. This is a laboratory for artists to reinvent their artistry and attack the imagination. We are offering artists the space to manifest, in essence, whatever you want between 10-12 minutes in length. Works up to 20 minutes are also eligible for consideration.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
· Artist Fee of $330
· Out of town artists - Up to $400 for travel expenses
· Professional photo and video documentation
· Basic lighting and sound with a short technical rehearsal with a stage manager on the day of the event.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
· Artistic Statement - Tell us about your practice (300 words max)
· Performance Proposal - Tell us about what you want to make and perform (300 words max)
· Artist(s) biography (100 words max each)
· Length of proposed work. 10 to 20 minutes max.
· Support Material - Maximum 3 examples of past or present work. You can share photos, video/sound links, websites or even sketches. Whatever will give us more insight into your practice.
***Artistic Statement and Performance Proposal can be submitted in either writing, video (max 10 min) or audio recording (max 10 min).
HOW TO SUBMIT
VIA this GOOGLE FORM :: https://bit.ly/2Yr1R36
DEADLINE :: Friday, August 23rd 2019, 11:59 MST
You may know or not know exactly what you want to present. It may be the beginning of an idea that you are coming to realize, or you may only know what you want to experiment in, play with or tear down. All of these are all valid responses to send us a proposal.
We value projects that dare to re-imagine, bleed between art forms, challenges us to enter new worlds and expand our collective perspectives.
Contact us at email@example.com
We are excited to hear about you, your work and how we can support it!!!
Pam & Elaine